Terriyaki Prawn Stirfry and Toasted Pine Nuts
This is a super quick meal, literally takes about 10 minutes to fling together and tastes amazing! Add some wholemeal noodles or brown rice to this if you need some extra carbohydrates.
Packed full of veggies lightly stir fried so you retain more of the nutrients (compared to boiling), prawns for protein, pine nuts for your healthy fats and a super tasty sauce that has much less sugar than a shop bought one.
Teriyaki Prawn Stir fry and Toasted Pine Nuts
1 pack of fresh prawns around 250g
Stirfry veg pack from supermarket – edamame beans/peppers/bean shoots etc
2tbsp pine nuts – lightly toast them in a dry frying pan
1tsp sesame oil
5tbsp soy sauce
1tbsp rice wine vinegar
2tsp lemon juice
half tsp chilli flakes
quarter tsp 5 spice
- mix the sauce ingredients together and add the prawns, mix well.
- Heat the oil in a Wok or frying pan and add the veggies, stir fry until tender around 5-6 minutes.
- Heat another frying pan and add the prawns and then sauce mixture, let it cook for around 3-4 minutes or until prawns are cooked. Remove the prawns from the sauce and set aside.
- mix the cornflour with a little water to make a paste and add it to the sauce left in the pan, keep stirring until sauce thickens.
- Plate the stir fry veg, add the prawns, drizzle over the sauce and scatter the pine nuts on top, eat!