Makes 20 squares
125g dark plain chocolate 80% plus if possible
80g plain flour
2 ripe avocados, peeled and stone removed
2tsp vanilla essence
50g raw cocoa powder
100g brown sugar
pinch of salt
handful of chopped brazil nuts/walnuts
1. Line an 8×8 inch pan with greaseproof paper, preheat oven to 180 degrees
2. Melt the chocolate in the microwave or in a bowl over boiling water until melted and smooth.
3. Put the avocado, sugar and vanilla essence in a food processor and blitz until completely smooth.
4. Add the melted chocolate and blitz until blended in.
5. Add the eggs and blend until combined.
6. Add the cocoa powder, salt and flour and blend until just combined.
7. Remove the blade and add in the nuts, stir well.
8. Spread the mixture evenly into the baking tray and bake for 30-35 minutes or until they are just set.
9. Cool and eat!
All the good stuff these contain…….
Avocados contain more potassium than bananas.
Avocados are packed with mono saturated fatty acids, the main one is Oleic Acid which can help reduce inflammation.
They are full of Folate – Used for normal cell function and tissue growth
Vitamin K1 – Important for blood clotting and bone health
Potassium – Essential mineral for blood pressure control and heart health.
Vitamin E – Powerful anti oxidant
Vitamin B6 – Help us to convert food into energy
Vitamin C – Anti oxidant for immune function and skin health
Raw cocoa powder
Contains a mood improver which can create a feeling of euphoria
Can help to balance hormonal mood swings
Contains Flavanols an anti inflammatory and heart protective anti oxidant found in raw cocoa may help protect agains heart diesease, reduce the risk of stroke and help blood circulation.