This super yummy banana bread is great for a pre or post workout snack or just as a mid afternoon pick me up. Crammed full of slow release carbs and fibre from the wholemeal flour, potassium and Vitamin B6 from the bananas. Very low in added fat and if you add some nuts too it packs a punch in the protein department as well!
Makes 12 slices
2 large ripe bananas
250ml natural 100% orange juice
300g wholemeal self raising flour
80g brown sugar
pinch of salt
half tsp of cinnamon
half tsp all spice
1 tbsp olive oil
*If you want to add some nuts, then toast them off first, use around 1 cup of mixed nuts, put in the oven for 5 minutes until golden and then mix in before you put the mixture in the loaf tin.
- Preheat oven to gas mark 4/170 degrees C/325F
- Mix the flour, sugar, salt and spices together in a bowl
- In a seperate bowl mash the bananas and add the orange juice, mix together
- Add the banana mixture to the flour mixture along with the egg and oil and mix thoroughly
- Line a loaf tin with greaseproof paper and pour in the mixture
- Cook in the oven for approx 1 hour 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool and cut into 12 slices.