Piri Piri Roast Chicken, Hummus, Pitta and Salad
This is such a great meal, especially for a Sunday afternoon, just serve everything together and get everyone to tuck in.
Piri Piri Roast Chicken with Hummus, Pitta & Salad
1 whole chicken Spatchcocked (cut open down the middle and opened out like a butterfly)
3 fresh red chillis – more if you like it hot and spicy, less if you don’t!
2 garlic cloves crushed
salt and pepper to taste
half teaspoon oregano
half teaspoon paprika
1TBSP olive oil
50ml red wine vinegar
4 wholemeal pittas – warmed through and cut in half
tub of low fat humous – around 2tbsp per person
As much salad as you want – lettuce, rocket, tomatoes, cucumber, leaves, peppers etc
- Preheat oven to 180degrees C/gas mark4
- Chop the chillies and put them in a blender with the garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, paprika, 1TBSP olive oil and red wine vinegar and blitz til smooth.
- Place the chicken on a rack/griddle over a roasting tray and pour the chilli mixture over ensuring it is completely covered.
- Place in the oven and cook for approx 1 hour 40 mins or until cooked through, I normally cook mine for 2 hours as I like it crispy!
- Serve the chicken with a big salad, the humous and pitta…Yum!