A great meal to make in the Winter months, nothing beats a warming stew!
This is packed full of veggies and can also be done in a slow cooker.
Savoury Mince and Veggies
half tsp olive oil
250g of minced lean beef **Swap for Quorn mince for veggie option
1 large onion chopped
half a small swede or 2 turnips cut into small chunks
1 large potato cut into 3cm chunks
4 carrots cut into 2cm chunks
1 leek chopped
2 beef oxo cubes
Enough boiling water to cover veg
2-3tbsp bisto gravy granules
*You can add any other veggies you have in the fridge to this too if you want too.
**This can also be done in the slow cooker just follow step 1 and then add all the other ingredients except the gravy unto the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-7 hours, then follow step 5.
- Heat a large pan and add the beef mince, cook until all pink colour gone and the fat has all come out, drain in a colander and press out any excess fat. Leave to one side.
- In the same pan add the olive oil then the onion and cook for a few mins until softened
- Add the mince back in and the potato, carrots and leek, stir well, crumble in the oxo cubes and mix well.
- Pour over the water and mix well, leave to cook for around 30 mins or until all veg etc is cooked right through.
- mix the bisto with a little boiling water to make a paste and add it to the mince, mix well this should thicken it up a bit. Serve.